Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What piece of advice would you say has helped you the most in life, or what piece of advice has encouraged you

to make a significant change in your life? I understand most will have many examples, although if possible narrow it to only one example. ThanksWhat piece of advice would you say has helped you the most in life, or what piece of advice has encouraged you
My mother used to say,


';What makes you think life is fair? Who has been telling my little girl that life is fair?';





Then she pretty much added that it's not and to get over it. Truly accepting that life just isn't always fair is probably the thing I am most thankful for. What piece of advice would you say has helped you the most in life, or what piece of advice has encouraged you
One of the best pieces of advice I was ever told was to get advice from someone who is where you want to be in the area you are seeking advice.





EX. If you want marriage advice, find someone who has a marriage you admire and ask them for advice, not someone who has been divorced 5 times.





Everyone has advice and think they know how to solve everyone else's problems. Good advice comes from people who have proven success in the area you need help in. People can only teach you what they know. Make sure the person you are seeking advice from is where you want to be.






If you could have the arms of Hercules,


Legs as swift as the wind,


If you could leap shoulder high above the rim,


Have the kick of a dolphin,


The reflexes of a cat...


If you could have all this, you would have the body,


You would have the tools, but you will not have greatness...


Until you understand that the strongest muscle is the heart





-Andrea Bocceli





Ok... It hasn't really helped me in life... but i still think its f***ing awesome....
About a week before he died, my best friend told me the most significant thing I've ever heard him (or anyone) say; he said ';the thought of death doesn't bother me because I believe Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.';





For the whole 20-something years that I knew him, I thought he was an agnostic. A week after he said that to me, he died suddenly. I'll never forget it.
I was advised years ago to study the Bible. To use every aid to do so that I could obtain. Concordances, commentaries, lexicons, and to become familiar with history. To me there is nothing more eye opening.
';God doesn't answer prayers.'; Made me wake up and start doing things for myself, instead of waiting around for something to happen by divine intervention.
Simple Answer !





“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”





Thanks, RR
Life is suffering.
answer: knowledge is something that can't be taken away by anyone, only by disease, drugs or age. No matter how poor you are you can always find ways to keep learning.


My Mom
An older lady friend of mine would always tell me (she's deceased now May she rest in Peace) To act right and behave for it cost me nothing!!


She was right!!
When you absolutely need to make a quick judgement on someone, look at their shoes.
Time + Effort = Anything we want to accomplish.
trust God always....HE KNOWS EVERYTHING...





born again since 76


hundreds of prayers answered...
Freedom of speech means knowing when to keep your mouth shut.
';You should move out of this house and find an apartment for yourself instead';.


- My mom.
the advice for me was ';obey god and leave all the consequences to him';.
When I was young, my mom told me if doing it would make me cry, don't do it. It was good advice for a long time.
Dont give up on your dreams, my best friend.
My Mother told me never to vote for a woman. Best advice ever.
Dont spoil your mind for lack of courage

No comments:

Post a Comment