Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Have any of you had black linens & napkins at your wedding reception? What do you think? Advice?

At first I wanted to have black linens (table cloths and napkins) with white plates and a tall, single flower, pink centrepiece with rose petals and shiny fake diamond-like things on the tables. The head table, guest book area and cake table will all be white with white lights.





Now I'm second guessing myself!





What do you guys think? Do you have any pictures with black tables? Thanks.Have any of you had black linens %26amp; napkins at your wedding reception? What do you think? Advice?
Yes, I did - but they had an ivory overlay to ';break it up';...Have any of you had black linens %26amp; napkins at your wedding reception? What do you think? Advice?
I can't top the above answers and/or links, but that sounds FABULOUS! I wish *I* would have gone with black. I had a black, white, and light pink wedding theme with white table cloths and linen.





I think what you envisioned will look AMAZING. And I'm not just saying that. It will be dramatic yet classic at the same time.





Go for it!





The number one rule of wedding planning is to not second guess yourself if you are dead set on an idea (as long as it is not offensive to your guests). At least for something like this. Trust me, people aren't going to judge you over the table cloth colors, but they WILL notice how stunning this will look.





Have a great wedding and be sure to post your pictures!
very slick, go for it. remember the plates won't be on the tables when guests arrive if you're having a sit down dinner, the plates will be brought out when dinner is served. so the tables will look more black in that case. even if you're having a buffet, the plates won't be on the tables, they'll be stacked by the buffet tables.
I am having black underlays and white overlays with black napkins as well as chair covers. I will add the link for the place my reception is with a pic of this. You can also change the napkin colors on the screen if you want to see what others will look like.





http://www.receptionsinc.com/decor.asp?l鈥?/a>





I am replacing the flowers in the eiffel tower vases you see on the table with charlotte red roses for color. If you are using pink that should work well.





Don't second guess yourself. It will look very elegant.
I was thinking of doing black, too...but realized it would make my reception really dark because of the hall we chose. I wanted black, gold, and ivory. You can play down the black and still have it look classy...try doing a black underlay with the pink or white overlay. That should lighten things up and still give you the pallette you're looking for!
Don't second guess yourself! Go for it!





I worked at a wedding for New Years a few years back...





it was all black and red themed...it was gorgeous!





the tables were covered in black linens with only red (red currant) candles (all shapes and sizes) and red rose petals on each and every table.





they kept it very dark in there and it really set the mood!
Actually, that sounds very elegant!





A lot of places (restaurants and halls) are going with darker colored napkins because of the ';fuzz'; that comes off white linens. It sticks to a gentleman's dress pants or a lady's dark colored dress and is pretty embarrassing.
Black and white weddings are very elegant. Go to Davidsbridal.com and creat your own wedding online. Look at dif dresses and things. Its your wedding you choose the colors. If someone don't like it they can leave. My cousin had a black and white wedding and it was georgous!
I'm going to use black napkins with white table cloths and my centerpieces will be red. My colors are black, white %26amp; red so that was my way of working them in without having to pay extra to rent colored tablecloths.
that's basically what i am going for in my wedding...all you have to do is make sure the room is a light color..and try black and white napkins instead of just black
My friend had a very small wedding and used a single pink flower as a centerpiece on black linens. Looked fabulous. She was able to rent these linens which was even better.
too much black ont eh table for a wedding. Id do white tableclothes and black napkins.
Try black and white napkins instead of plain black.
OMg its the table.... who cares... NO ONE WILL REMEMBER
WOW! It's awesome! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment