Tuesday, November 22, 2011

If a stranger tells you not to take advice from strangers would you take his adviice?

That can lead to a paradoxical situation. If you take his advice, then you can't actually take his advice, because he's a stranger and you would be taking his advice. If, on the other hand, you don't take his advice, then you are actually taking his advice, which again leads to the problem that you can't do that because it's contradictory.





I like questions like this. Sorry that I can't offer an articulate answer, but they're fun to think about!





Oh, and to answer it personally, I would take his advice, which I could then apply to future encounters. I say that taking it only precludes you from acting on advice from other strangers, as you can still take advice before you actually employ it...eh? =)If a stranger tells you not to take advice from strangers would you take his adviice?
thats a hard one but i'd just take it. Only cuz its one of those logic things.If a stranger tells you not to take advice from strangers would you take his adviice?
I might or might not take advice from other strangers. It depends on the circumstances. So just because I'm not paying attention to other strangers doesn't necessarily mean I am taking (or not taking) his advice.
No. If a stranger yells at me on the street ';Yo! Look out for that bus!'; I'm sure gonna listen!
No.
Everything I tell you is a lie. I'm lying!
YES!!! This stranger is warning you not to believe anyone, including him! I'd say that's a pretty decent stranger.
Yes, after I introduced myself and then we would no longer be strangers.
I would certainly heed his advice..he may know something that I don't
If a bear takes a dump in the woods and nobody is there to smell it, does it stink? I guess the real question is do you need the advice to begin with. It would all depend on how much common sense the advice seemed to offer.
The question actually sounds like a bad pick up line, but overall, I think it falls into the same category as ';what came first, the chicken or the egg?';

No comments:

Post a Comment