Tuesday, November 22, 2011

To any Crohn's patients: What advice can you give about draining setons?

I recently had two draining setons placed and wanted to know about others' experiences with them. How long where they in place? After they were taken out, did you have any recurring infrections? Did the knots ever break? For women: how did you cope sexually? This question pertains to Crohn's disease and perianal fistulas.To any Crohn's patients: What advice can you give about draining setons?
My heart goes out to you, I also suffered with that, and had the setons in for a year. And one did fall out. I went through 60 operations. Nothing helped, just one day I asked the surgeon to take them out and I went about 6 months where it still bleeds and hurts, but now more fistulas are coming out in other places. Flagyl, and prednisone... they put me on it all. Even went through chemo treatments.. it did not stop it... so I pray that yours gets better. My husband was very understanding in the love making department. If I wasn't in a lot of pain, we were intimate. It takes a very understanding mate....If it doesn't hurt... no reason not to love your husband/wife. Have you been through any Remacade infusions yet? I wish you all the best luck... just know that others are going through this too, some worse then others, some will say, been there done that.... others just diagnosed and scared..... we look at the positive.... we don't have cancer, or other diseases... we know what we have and are working on it.... and others understandTo any Crohn's patients: What advice can you give about draining setons?
www.google.com has a great deal of information that you could use to find your answers , while yahoo answer is more likely to be better for people's opinions.. thanks.
  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment